Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Cricket Match

Cricket is huge in India! I have watched the game and for the life of me can not figure out how it works. Today's game was the Marriott employees vs. the Rising Star boys. It was serious. The boys on the team had a swagger that you could tell they were so proud. They all wore their red house shirts and looked like a real team.  The kids were so excited about it and talked about it for the whole week. All of the girls wore their very best clothes. One of my favorite little girls, Anita, said she was wearing her birthday dress, even though it wasn't her birthday. It was so cute! Here are some pics from lunch time and the game.
This is after lunch with a bunch of girls. I love all their bright colors. 


I want to take this little cutie home with me. She is absolutely adorable.

This is Anita. She is taking a 'selfie' from behind me. She is so smart and her English is one of the best here. She is a special one!  PS I get beet red when I'm hot. It felt like it was about 105. 

This is during the cricket match. Far off in the distance, the Rising Star kids are up. They played really hard, but the Marriott men beat them by only two runs, 76-74. 

No comments:

Post a Comment